Dream It, Believe It, Achieve It!
GED Testing and Preparation
Classes are Monday-Thursday, 12:00-6:00
Adult education offers individuals 18 and older a chance to earn a GED. We also provide ABE (adult basic education) classes for individuals that are not quite ready to take their GED tests without some math and writing practice and review. Classes are offered 4 nights a week and free transportation and childcare (2 nights a week) is offered to our students. We are also offering additional events for our adult participants to suggest some direction after they earn their GED. We have Kirtland Community College, Baker College, Armed Forces, Mid Michigan Community College, and MI Works currently scheduled to come in and share information on what to do after you earn your GED. Weekly attendance is required. Contact our program at 422-6161 for any additional information.
*Once you earn your GED, you are no longer eligible to receive a high school diploma
Adult High School Completion
Are you 20 and older and still want to earn your high school diploma? We offer high school completion to adults who are close to meeting the State's graduation requirements. Stop in for more details.
Tests are scheduled online at our Official Pearson Test Center.
More information about our program!
- Earn your GED-available to anyone 18 and older without a high school diploma.
- Adults Basic Education (ABE) is available to anyone who would like to obtain a GED but needs assistance in bringing up their reading, writing, and math skills to a 9th grade reading before taking the test.
- The Houghton Lake Community Education Program is one of Michigan's official General Education Development Testing Centers. The General Education Development Test (GED) is commonly referred to as the High School Equivalency Test. It consist of five parts: Language Arts Writing, Social Studies, Science, Language Arts Reading, and Mathematics.
- Persons must be 18 years of age or older to qualify for GED testing.
- You must bring in a picture ID and your Social Security card when registering for classes.
- If students do not want to take the prep classes, they will be required to pay full test cost prices.
- Childcare is provided free of charge two days a week to all GED/ABE students while they attend class.
- Do you need a way to and from class? HLCE will pay for rides to and from class on the Roscommon County Mini-Bus.