Dream It, Believe It, Achieve It!
GED Testing and Preparation
Classes are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Grayling on Tuesday @ MiWorks Tuesday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Adult education offers individuals 18 and older a chance to earn their HSE /GED. We also provide ABE (adult basic education) classes for individuals that are not quite ready to take their GED tests without some math and writing practice and review. Classes are offered 4 days a week and free transportation is available. We are also offering additional events for our adult participants to suggest some direction after they earn their HSE/GED. We have Kirtland Community College, Baker College, Armed Forces, Mid Michigan Community College, and MI Works currently scheduled to come in and share information on what to do after you earn your HSE/GED. Weekly attendance is required. Contact our program at 422-6161 for any additional information.
*Once you earn your HSE/GED, you are no longer eligible to receive a high school diploma
HSE/GED Test Dates 2021/2022 School Year
(Dates are subject to change, please call 989-422-6161 for any questions.)
December 9, 2021
January 13, 2022
February 10, 2022
March 10, 2022
March 30, 2022
April 7, 2022
April 21, 2022
May 12, 2022
May 26, 2022
June 9, 2022
Adult High School Completion
Are you 20 and older and still want to earn your high school diploma? We offer high school completion to adults who are close to meeting the State's graduation requirements. Stop in for more details.
Tests are scheduled online at our Official Pearson Test Center.
More information about our program!
- Earn your HSE/GED-available to anyone 18 and older without a high school diploma.
- Adults Basic Education (ABE) is available to anyone who would like to obtain a GED but needs assistance in bringing up their reading, writing, and math skills to a 9th grade reading before taking the test.
- The Houghton Lake Community Education Program is one of Michigan's official General Education Development Testing Centers. The General Education Development Test (GED) is commonly referred to as the High School Equivalency Test. It consists of four parts: Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Mathematics.
- Persons must be 18 years of age or older to qualify for HSE/GED testing.
- You must bring in a picture ID and your Social Security card when registering for classes.
- If students do not want to take the prep classes, they will be required to pay full test cost prices.
- Do you need a way to and from class? HLCE will pay for rides to and from class on the Roscommon County Mini-Bus.
Dana Edwards HSE/GED Instructor
Phone: 989-422-6161 x2417